Game wont start up

Brandyn
  • Pending

When I start the game on steam it will show im playing DST but it never opens

This has never happened before

I have checked my task manager and there is the DST in the processes bar but the game never even shows up.

Here are my Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.9 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

Steps to Reproduce
Press play on steam.

User Feedback

@Brandyn, based on the logs you are running the beta branch build. I'd recommend the following:

Verify the integrity of the game cache

Make sure DST is closed before attempting this method. Steam has a very easy to follow process, found here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335. Once done, open DST again and see if still doesn't open up properly.

Opt out and Opt back into the Beta Branch

See if disabling the beta branch build would still have the same issue.

Run this program as administrator

Make sure DST is closed and in Steam's Game Library, right click DST and click Properties. A steam window will open and select the Local Files Tab then click Browse Local Files. A windows explorer will open, so open the bin folder you'll see. Once inside the bin folder, right click dontstarve_steam.exe and then click Properties. Another window will open, you will now click the Compatibility Tab and enable "Run this program as administrator". Press "Apply" then "Ok". Then from Steam, open DST again and see if still doesn't open up properly.

Other methods

If the methods doesn't work, try the other methods found in this Klei Support Article: DST Is Crashing / DST Won't Start.

• Like 1

Share this comment