Game very slow, stuttering, freezing and crashing

Nero Darkard
  • Pending

As of late, DST has become unplayable for me. A while ago, I addressed an issue with singleplayer Don't Starve where my game would also get progressively more slowly, stuttery and begin to freeze. This problem has now also migrated to DST, but it doesn't seem to affect the Gorge event.

It gets so bad that after about 30 minutes, my game crashes. I effectively cant play anything other than gorge anymore.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I checked for cache integrity. I uninstalled all mods and unsubscribed them. Nothing fixed the issue for both versions.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Launch game 2. Play for 30 minutes 3. crash

User Feedback

Next time this happens please grab your log files and attach/post it here. The file can be found at /documents/Klei/donotstarvetogether / client_log.txt

Share this comment

On 9.7.2018 at 5:36 AM, ScottHansen said:

Next time this happens please grab your log files and attach/post it here. The file can be found at /documents/Klei/donotstarvetogether / client_log.txt

Issue still persists in both singleplayer and dst.

client_log.txt

Share this comment

Sorry. I was on vacation while you replied and missed notification when I got back.

The logs look like you are running with a few client mods and connecting to someone else's server. I'm not too worried about the client mods you have, I don't "think" they are known to cause issues.

Your video card drivers appear to be somewhat old. Updating them may resolve the issue.

Could you please reproduce the issue again but this time without any client mods enabled? And when it starts to bog down follow these steps:
- open the debug console (the ~ key).
- Type: TheSim:Profile(2)
- if there is no stuttering over the next 2 seconds then please run the profile command again
- Now find the file \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\profile.json and add it to the bug report.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

After following these instructions, i was unable to reproduce the effect i was experiencing thusfar.

If the lag and freezes stay gone, I guess I could consider this issue finally resolved.

This effect also seems to have carried over to DS.

Share this comment