Game responds to mod disabling and so forth annoyingly incorrectly

EuedeAdodooedoe
  • Pending

Two issues:

A) This is more of an overlook, I think. Simply put, if a server mod crashes the game after you host a server with one on, then launch the game again, your client mods get disabled but the server mods for that particular server stay ticked to run when the server is next hosted. The latter may not be that big of a deal, although for those who are a bit new to the game it might be better to have the server mods disabled. But the former is extremely annoying, if I want my client mods on and I and probably the game too knows that it's a server mod that crashed the game for me.

B) If you get an error, you get the options to either quit the game or disable mods. Clicking to quit the game works fine (except that it creates the issue outlined above). But if you press "disable mods", the game still runs, but starts to behave strangely (e.g. the portal of the main menu being static, player character animation of them entering from portal upon you click "Play" don't carry out).

Steps to Reproduce
For the issue A: 1) Enable some client mods that function. 2) Host a server with a mod that will crash the game. 3) Host the server with the crashed mod. 4) Launch the game again after the crash. 5) See as your client mods are disabled even though they didn't contribute to the crash. 6) Check server mods for your world in your hosting list and see that the server mod that crashed the game is still enabled. For the issue B: 1) Host a server with a server mod that will give you an error. 2) After you get the error, click "Disable mods" 3) Once you're back at main menu of the game, click play and see as the main menu is broken and possibly some other things.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.