Game Crashs everytime i try to start up a new world

Shenron
  • Closed

When I try to make a world it freezes the game and appears a white screen saying program not responding then it has an X and close program when I hit the X it shuts down my Don't Starve Together and when I hit Close Program the same with happens also it says There is problem with Don't Starve Together Windows will shut the game down and let you know of anyway to solve it

So I hope this bug or problem will be solves also since this may be a windows problem it may not be DST may not be  compliable with Window's 8

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
start up Don't Starve Together go to Host Game and set up the world then generate I don't know if it Is only me or it will happen to you but when I start the world it says there is a problem with the game windows will shut it down and let you know of anyway to solve the problem

User Feedback

Hello @Shenron, welcome to the forums. Can you attach the client_log.txt to your next reply. I can be found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. If you're playing on the anewreignbeta branch, then the client_log.txt you should attach would be in  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Zillvr said:
3 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @Shenron, welcome to the forums. Can you attach the client_log.txt to your next reply. I can be found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. If you're playing on the anewreignbeta branch, then the client_log.txt you should attach would be in  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta.

Here is Clent_log.txt

client_log.txt

Share this comment

Birds and Berries Mod

@Shenron the mod Birds and Berries is most likely the cause of DST not being able to start up a server. Based on the client_log.txt you provided it is utilizing something that is already depreciated. Disable that mod when you create a new world. The mod creator has not updated the mod since April 28.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Share this comment

@Shenron are you staring up servers that formerly used the mod (Birds and Berries)? You'd have to start up a clean new world without that mod. The mod itself generates blueberry bushes on world generation which happens on the server's first start up. If you're just restarting servers that already generated blueberry bushes but have the mod off, it'll still cause an error.

So make sure the mod is disabled when you generate a new world. Does the error still occur when you generate a new world? if it does, follow the method below:

• Fully close DST
  • Go to steamworkshop and unsubscribe from the mod Birds and Berries
  • Next, go to this location (Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods)
  • Look for workshop-249035495
  • If it exists, delete it
  • Start up DST again
  • Click Play, Host Game then New Server
  • Generate world with your other mods active making sure Birds and Berries is no longer in the Mods list
  • Like 1

Share this comment