game crash when trying to host game

silvawalker
  • Fixed

image.thumb.png.65cdb1815417274a680a840a7deec9a5.png

Steps to Reproduce
click host game

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hello,

I ran into the same problem. I managed to fix the lua script. Not sure if it will have other affects but they use numrange on line 82 for topmodspanel.lua. It seems to be the culprit, I don't know the range its supposed to use but I just tossed in 30, problem resolved. I can host games etc.

To do this you need to either adjust the file in the zipped folder or extract it.

The file is in data/databundles/scripts.zip
The location in the zip file is /scripts/widgets/redux/topmodspanel.lua

On line 82 I believe you'll find local index = math.random(1, numrange) Just changed numrage to 30 and it'll work.
You have to adjust it and overwrite the file in the zip, or you rename the scripts to backupscript.zip (or anything else) and extract all of the files into data/scripts

Make sure it's data/scripts, not data/scripts/scripts. Then you can edit the file there, and the game will load it from there if you renamed the scripts.zip.

Hope this helps until they put in a proper fix. Again, no idea what the range should be or the problems this may cause, but it seemed to work fine.

Alternatively you can replace scripts.zip with mine, tested and works.

scripts.zip

• Like 1

Share this comment

P.S If this solution works for you, please post and respond to confirm it, so others know people are having success with this.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Tyr07 said:

Hello,

I ran into the same problem. I managed to fix the lua script. Not sure if it will have other affects but they use numrange on line 82 for topmodspanel.lua. It seems to be the culprit, I don't know the range its supposed to use but I just tossed in 30, problem resolved. I can host games etc.

To do this you need to either adjust the file in the zipped folder or extract it.

The file is in data/databundles/scripts.zip
The location in the zip file is /scripts/widgets/redux/topmodspanel.lua

On line 82 I believe you'll find local index = math.random(1, numrange) Just changed numrage to 30 and it'll work.
You have to adjust it and overwrite the file in the zip, or you rename the scripts to backupscript.zip (or anything else) and extract all of the files into data/scripts

Make sure it's data/scripts, not data/scripts/scripts. Then you can edit the file there, and the game will load it from there if you renamed the scripts.zip.

Hope this helps until they put in a proper fix. Again, no idea what the range should be or the problems this may cause, but it seemed to work fine.

Alternatively you can replace scripts.zip with mine, tested and works.

scripts.zip

thank you this worked i will remember to inform others

Share this comment