game crash

peterpan258
  • Pending

When I play with my friends I can play with them for around 20 days, but then game crashed when I try to join, but client still work, anyone has same problem?

then we try to make new worlds all of them just make us crash around 20 days. but Client still works.

Steps to Reproduce
when I try to join friend's game,

User Feedback

Hello @peterpan258, welcome to the forums.

Theres too little info to go on with your report, so if you could try and answer each question below. So people who may have an answer for you be able to suggest a workaround.

1. Who is hosting the world?
  2. Are the world presets for the world altered?
  3. Are there Server mods used? If any, what are they?
  4. Is it always around the 20th day?
  5. Are you guys playing on the ANW beta branch? (ANR = A New Reign Beta Branch)
  6. When your client crashed, did your friends crash too and did the server crash also?
  7. Does it crash when it's about around the time for the game to auto-save (usually every day time in game)?
  8. Whoever was hosting the world that crashed, can you ask them to attach the server_log.txt file in your next reply? It is found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master OR Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\Cluster_1\Master (if world was created with the ANR beta). Do note that Cluster_1 is for the server in the first slot of the Host Game screen in game. So which ever world save crashed on the 20th day, get the corresponding server_log.txt from the respective Cluster_#\Master folder. (Cluster_2 is for slot 2, Cluster_4 is for slot 4, etc.)
  9. When you crash trying to join your friend's server again, make your client crash again the same way and without opening DST again go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ OR Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\ (if you were playing on the ANR beta). Attach the client_log.txt found in that location. That .txt file should help determine why you're crashing when you try to join.

That's all I can think of asking for now.

• Like 1

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @peterpan258, welcome to the forums.

Theres too little info to go on with your report, so if you could try and answer each question below. So people who may have an answer for you be able to suggest a workaround.

1. Who is hosting the world?
  2. Are the world presets for the world altered?
  3. Are there Server mods used? If any, what are they?
  4. Is it always around the 20th day?
  5. Are you guys playing on the ANW beta branch? (ANR = A New Reign Beta Branch)
  6. When your client crashed, did your friends crash too and did the server crash also?
  7. Does it crash when it's about around the time for the game to auto-save (usually every day time in game)?
  8. Whoever was hosting the world that crashed, can you ask them to attach the server_log.txt file in your next reply? It is found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master OR Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\Cluster_1\Master (if world was created with the ANR beta). Do note that Cluster_1 is for the server in the first slot of the Host Game screen in game. So which ever world save crashed on the 20th day, get the corresponding server_log.txt from the respective Cluster_#\Master folder. (Cluster_2 is for slot 2, Cluster_4 is for slot 4, etc.)
  9. When you crash trying to join your friend's server again, make your client crash again the same way and without opening DST again go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ OR Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\ (if you were playing on the ANR beta). Attach the client_log.txt found in that location. That .txt file should help determine why you're crashing when you try to join.

That's all I can think of asking for now.

1. my friend hosting.

2. I think he only change  to have more flower and butterfles.

3. I am not sure about mods, but if these can be problem, why we still able to play it at begining?

4. some are 18th, but the recent one is 20th just enter the winter.

5. not sure, how to check it?

6.my friend is hosting and he never have problem but me and other guy just crash the game at that certain point same time. while server still running and my hosting friend still in game, but the people who join in his world just crash, and crash while rejoining.

7.not sure.

8.I will ask that.

9. will ask for that.

I know if I can get those files will make things easier but I can't meet him soon, but I will try to do that next time we meet.

Thank you for taking care about the problem.

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, peterpan258 said:

3. I am not sure about mods, but if these can be problem, why we still able to play it at begining?

5. not sure, how to check it?

3.  Sometimes, there are mods that aren't conflicting with anything during autumn season, and might conflict with something that's happening when winter starts or about to start.

5. If your friend (the host) starts the server with the DST listed as Don't Starve Together (anewreingbeta) in their Steam (image below), then the server itself is run with ANR beta. Since you're able to join that server, you would also have had activated the anewreignbeta branch. If not, the game on steam would only be shown as Don't Starve Together. 

anr.png

Quote me again once you get the files attached, so I'll be able to get notified asap and hopefully help you diagnose what's happening and figure out what to do to fix or work around it. Until then, cheers.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 3/4/2017 at 1:10 AM, Zillvr said:

3.  Sometimes, there are mods that aren't conflicting with anything during autumn season, and might conflict with something that's happening when winter starts or about to start.

5. If your friend (the host) starts the server with the DST listed as Don't Starve Together (anewreingbeta) in their Steam (image below), then the server itself is run with ANR beta. Since you're able to join that server, you would also have had activated the anewreignbeta branch. If not, the game on steam would only be shown as Don't Starve Together. 

anr.png

Quote me again once you get the files attached, so I'll be able to get notified asap and hopefully help you diagnose what's happening and figure out what to do to fix or work around it. Until then, cheers.

I got the files that you need.

client_log.txt

server_log.txt

Share this comment