Game Constantly Crashing

earwarmers
  • Pending

Every time I attempt to boot up DST, it crashes. It didn't used to be like this, but when the august update happened, this issue started. I have updated all my drivers, verified my game file's integrity, uninstalled, reinstalled, removed all my mods, rebooted my laptop, and pretty much every other strategy.

Steps to Reproduce
Download DST on steam Download Update 287366 / Hotfix 288768 attempt to boot up game Uninstall, then reinstall reboot laptop Uninstall, then reinstall Uninstall, then reinstall reboot laptop Uninstall, then reinstall reboot laptop Update drivers Attempt to boot up game Verify File Integrity on steam End Steam's Task Reboot Laptop

User Feedback

Hello @earwarmers, welcome to the forums. Could you attach a copy of the client_log.txt found in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\. That may shed some more light on why it crashes on start up.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I am having the same problem when launching DST. I have Updated all of my files,Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, Verified integrity of the game, re-downloaded VCredist, DXRedist and  Direct X as well as Rebooting and nothing seems to work. I would Link my Client_log.tct but i can't find the file in my don't starve folder. If there is any way i can please tell me.  

Share this comment

Hello @Fishyikillu, welcome to the forums. Can you atttach a screenshot of what you see in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\?

Since you've tried rebooting PC, i'll assume that already also implies that you've tried restarting steam.

@earwarmers have you tried disabling your anti-virus/security software? 

According to Klei Support: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1854779

It's possibly interfering with the game start up.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Here is the Screenshot. and anytime my virus protection has asked for anything regarding the game i have given it the go ahead is there something specific i need to enable for it. I use Norton Anti-virus

Screenshot.png

Share this comment

Derp didn't know that the documents folder was a Thing, i only knew about the game folder  I deleted the Documents Folder and now the game works. Thanks for the Help. The other guy should try that as well if he hasn't already. 

Share this comment

@Fishyikillu yikes, that's a little too blunt. I was hoping for you to get a copy of the client_log.txt file from there and hopefully see whats going on behind the scenes. But if it works, I hope it helps @earwarmers.

Share this comment

Hm, mind if I just copy and paste the text?

Also, I think that my antivirus thinks that the game is a ransomeware.

Ah yes, it was my antivirus. I did also need to mess with the files a bit.

Thank you for all your help!

Share this comment

I didn't understand what you meant by copy and paste earlier. You meant the client_log.txt right? @earwarmers, you can easily attach the file by drag dropping the specific file into the edit box when you make a reply. Also while making a reply you could click the highlighted that looks like this: "choose files... ", click that then browse to your log file and select the client_log.txt file.

Share this comment

Okay

I have resolved the problem. It turns out a file got corrupted. I simply had to quarantine my files (according to my antivirus)

Once I had done that, I had rebooted my laptop. Then the issue was resolved.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hi, @Zillvr thank you for the warm welcome,

Sadly, I've tried all the methods outlined in the article.

I have only recently tried to play this game after a very long absence. Before which I was able to play the game without issue for 86 hours.

The only difference in my PC is that the graphics card has changed since last playing the game.

PC Specs:

------------------Overview------------------
Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
Memory : 8153MB(1066)
Mother Board : M5A99X EVO
Windows Version : Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Monitor : Generic PnP Monitor
Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti  -- Driver version: 416.94

Avast Anti-virus

Thank you for your time

Share this comment

51 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@Carlo Feynman I reckon you try the following:

• Close DST
  • Go To Documents\Klei and rename DoNotStarveTogether folder to DoNotStarveTogether_backup
  • Open DST

Fixed!  Thank you kindly

Share this comment