Game can't figure out where to put down items.

truepurple
  • Pending

So much of my game time is wasted and artificially made more difficult struggling with targeting the right stuff. So many times I've tried dropping something only to consume it instead and so on. Most disastrously when I was shaving Beefalos in the night during winter with Wilson and somehow the game got the idea I had targeted Wilson. Wilson got shaved, his many beard hairs fell into the camp fire starting a general resource fire with the many nut trees I had planted over days with much difficulty. Leaving me damaged from being burned, cold from lacking the beard(and not having gotten any winter gear), and in the dark because I couldn't be near the campfire as well as being down some resources.

But this particular issue is especially obvious in it's buggy nature. I am trying to plant something or drop something, I click on a spot. Sometimes nothing happens and I have to do it again, and again, and again. But often my character dances instead. That is the character moves back and forth like it's trying to figure out where to place the item. Sometimes it resolves itself after a short bit, sometimes it will do this for awhile. Often I don't want to wait and see and simply move my character out of the area so I can click on the ground and try again.

Does this game use a invisible grid and get confused when you click on spots inbetween the grid spaces? If so, I sure wish there was a option to make the grid lines visible.

Steps to Reproduce
Try to place or plant something on the ground.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.