Fully Domesticated Beefalo Breeding

Higurashi
  • Can't Reproduce

My fully domesticated beefalo just formed a new herd right in the middle of my base by giving birth to six babies. Is this intended? I thought domesticated beefalos are not supposed to go in heat/breed.

In my case my beefalo didn't go into heat, and I was riding her on an expedition all day long so I'm pretty sure it's unintended.

Because, you know, it's bothersome to cull these beefalos ESPECIALLY when your fully domesticated beefalo also attacks you when you attack the babies (learned this one the hard way)

20160605025212_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Finally fully domesticated a beefalo just 2 days before. Took her on a ride to kill some spiders several (10-15) screens away for 2 days. Around this time, wild beefalo herds are starting to go into heat, but my beefalo didn't. Came back to my camp to find six baby beefalos.

User Feedback

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

Thanks for reporting this! This is quite a concerning bug. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to make it happen. If you ever come across it again, please let me know! I think I'd probably need the save file in order to figure it out next time.

Share this comment