Friendliest Friend is utterly nonfunctional

TheBlob
  • Fixed

Hey guys I've been holding off on reporting it because I kept thinking tons of other people must have been posting about it, but I don't actually see any other reports and the event play has made it clear the feature still doesn't work, so.

Yesterday I played 4-5 duo rounds of Gorge with a friend. Another friend popped in briefly for one round. My friendliest friend is the person who only showed up for one round and not the person I hung out with for more than an hour (or the other two people I played two rounds each with that day). My friendliest friend is always someone random from the last server I was in, and never the person who was there longest or the person I talked to the most or the person I've played the most games with overall or any other criteria I can think of that makes sense. (It's not cooperative actions either, or the person who was busily playing chef in the duo rounds while I chopped wood would be friendliest friend. Or even items given, because I kept handing her berries and logs...) 

Also, it ALWAYS says '1 Encounters' even when the friendo lottery happens to hit someone I've known for years and played DST with for too many sessions to count.

This is here and not in the Gorge tracker because it's always worked (not-worked) the same way, btw. It's just that playing the Gorge rounds made it more obvious to me.

It's just disappointing to me because this would be a fun feature if it worked correctly. I'd love to know how many games I've played with the person I've actually played the most games with (and who that person is for that matter. I have a good guess, but I could be wrong.)

Note: As I was typing up this post I realized something. My friendliest friend is usually the person with the username highest up on the alphabet that I've played with that day. Like, it seems as if whenever I hop into a server where someone's name starts with A, that person pops up as friendliest friend. 

Steps to Reproduce
Play games with an assortment of people and watch someone utterly random be your friendliest friend. For me, it's usually the least communicative person out of a big group server or the guy who was there for ten seconds and then left...

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.