Friend Cannot Connect to Hosted Server

SecretAgentSteve
  • Pending

After playing with my brother locally, on the same internet connection and everything being well and good, I moved away temporarily and I hosted the game, making it "friends only", joining the server normally but when he joins or I invite him he gets a "server not responding" message. When I made it public and under password, he saw my ping as ??? and couldn't connect with the same error message appearing. I tried creating a new world and the same issue occurred. When he created a new world and I tried to join his, it joined me to some random server with several people in it already while he was playing alone, but could see the messages from other people. We have gone through the steps that are mentioned in the FAQ for being unable to connect, but nothing helped, thus we are thoroughly confused. Any help would be awesome, thank you.

Steps to Reproduce
Hosting an existing (or new) server, setting it to 'friends only' and having someone from the Steam friends list join from another IP address. I'm not sure if this can be reproduced as I've noticed nobody else having issues joining up in this game.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.