exe. crashes Help!

CrookedMirror
  • Fixed

I start up the game and I'm met with "Don't exe. stopped working" I've tried reinstalling with a multitude of changes (deleted mods, launch options, computer restarts etc).

here is my log, Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
my computer shut down when I was re-installing the game. Now the game won't work.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Checking your log, unfortunately your graphics card (Intel G33/G31 Chipset - a GMA card) does not meet the game's system requirements.

Don't Starve Together requires a graphics card with at least 256 MB of dedicated memory.That being said, if you have a dedicated graphics card like an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce card installed, you will have to go into your AMD CCC or NVIDIA Control Panel and force your dedicated GPU to launch and run Don't Starve instead of your integrated card.

OR you can try enabling small textures and Netbook mode to see if that allows you to play the game.

1) Go to your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

2) Open the “client” file using a text editor program (like wordpad, notepad, etc.)

3) In [MISC] change “netbook_mode = false” to “netbook_mode = true”

4) In [GRAPHICS] change “use_small_textures = false” to “use_small_textures = true”

5) Save the document > close it to make sure that the change has been saved.

6) Try running Don't Starve Together.

If you are still unable to play the game, your best, next step is to contact Steam Support directly for a possible refund due to system incompatibility. 

Share this comment

On 3/14/2016 at 6:24 PM, JanH said:

Checking your log, unfortunately your graphics card (Intel G33/G31 Chipset - a GMA card) does not meet the game's system requirements.

Don't Starve Together requires a graphics card with at least 256 MB of dedicated memory.That being said, if you have a dedicated graphics card like an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce card installed, you will have to go into your AMD CCC or NVIDIA Control Panel and force your dedicated GPU to launch and run Don't Starve instead of your integrated card.

OR you can try enabling small textures and Netbook mode to see if that allows you to play the game.

2) Open the “client” file using a text editor program (like wordpad, notepad, etc.)

4) In [GRAPHICS] change “use_small_textures = false” to “use_small_textures = true”

If you are still unable to play the game, your best, next step is to contact Steam Support directly for a possible refund due to system incompatibility. 

When I open my Client file there isn't a "use_small_texture = false" or "network_mode = false" 

Should I add "use_small_textures = true" and "netbook_mode = true"?

client.ini

Share this comment

I have created you a customized "client.ini" file that you can use to overwrite your current one. Just download the file below and paste it onto your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder. Once done, launch Don't Starve Together.

client.ini

Share this comment

On 3/14/2016 at 6:24 PM, JanH said:

Thanks for the help!

Share this comment