During Summers, screen is dark/dimmed, even during daytime

lakhnish
  • Pending

During the Summer, the screen is dark/dimmed for reasons unbeknownst to me. Relogging does not solve this issue nor does going in and out of caves.

20180215211251_1.jpg

20180215211304_1.jpg

Edit: SOLUTION VIA CONSOLE COMMANDS

Forcing it to rain and then stopping the rain solves this issue, which may provide a means on how this issue starts in the first place.

TheWorld:PushEvent("ms_forceprecipitation")
TheWorld:PushEvent("ms_forceprecipitation", false)

20180217123938_1.thumb.jpg.edad9f83297aa8a393670c9a3c7ebdcf.jpg20180217123956_1.thumb.jpg.d716c867dba84876c92548425e0b8cbf.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Unsure of how to reproduce. Best guess is that it must have rained before Summer happened. Heard rumors that if it rained in Summer, this visual glitch goes away

User Feedback

@fimmatek When I was playing on a public server and this issue occurred to another player (player A), another player (player B) said the issue is resolved when it rains.

I don't currently have a means of checking the veracity of this claim. I'm willing to use a console command to make it rain in this world (if this issue is still there), but I don't know the command. 

Share this comment

This happened to me as well, although I can't say what caused it, I wasn't paying attention when it happened. But here's what my experiences are in order.

• This started happening one summer, I just ignored it.
  • Next cycle's summer, it rained on first day, and I had dark daytime again.
  • (So I concluded that maybe this only happens, on a summer, if it rains)
  • I entered the code to force/stop rain, and then after that, I had normal daytime for the rest of that summer.
  • Next cycle's summer, no rain, and yet I had dark daytime again.
  • (So my new conclusion is this bug will keep repeating every summer, all because of whatever triggered it the very first time)

Share this comment