Dualshock 4 Linux support/recognition

coshmar
  • Closed

Hi guys,
I have a problem with Dualshock 4 support in Linux version of a game.
My rig information attached in system_information.txt file.
The problem is that Don't Starve Together does not recognize Dualshock 4 correctly when it is connected with the bluetooth. In such a case it is impossible at all to select Gamepad as a controller.
However if Dualshock 4 is connected with the USB cable, gamepad is correctly recognized.
Here is a line on the console from the session when gamepad is connected with bluetooth:
[00:00:01]: Enumerated SDL joystick "Wireless Controller" ("Wireless Controller").
Here is a line on the console from the session when gamepad is wired (connected with the USB cable:
[00:00:02]: Enumerated SDL joystick "Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller" ("Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller").

Is there a way to instruct Don't Starve Together / SDL directly, that connected with Bluetooth gamepad is a Dualshock 4 gamepad?

system_information.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Plug in USB cable with attached Dualshock 4, run the game, see it detects Dualshock 4. Turn off the game, unplug cable, connect Dualshock through Bluetooth, start the game, see it does not recognize the gamepad at all. Take a look at logs and compare to see that in this 2 cases gamepads are recognized in a different way.

User Feedback

Found out what caused the issue - connecting Dualshock in Ubuntu from OS UI makes gamepad recognized as a generic gamepad.
Issue is resolved when I use ds4drv to pair gamepad through Bluetooth. Issue can be marked as resolved.

Share this comment