[DST] White Screen Crashing

INotRIn
  • Pending

A friend of mine gifted me the game on steam so i downloaded it and tried it out.when it finished i tried to play it but when it came on the screen was black i clicked on the black screen and then it turned white. I waited a while and it went on the main menu i made my account and clicked play i hosted a game just for me alone to play. It went to the loading screen and then the white screen came back again. then it crashed. Its been doing that since i tried playing it. I saw something on the website that says to do a bug report and to look for the files "log.txt" and ".mdmp" i didn't find a file like these anywhere in the folder. 

Steps to Reproduce
I don't know what caused this.

User Feedback

Hey @INotRIn, welcome to the forums. Based on the DxDiag.txt file you provided, I believe the issue is due to your PC not having enough Dedicated RAM. Here are the Klei Support: Don't Starve Together System Requirements, and note that you have less than 256 MB of dedicated RAM. I've heard of a method that lets you change your dedicated RAM if you're on Desktop, but I do not know enough about the method to suggest it to you and guide you through it. I highly discourage any method like that since it involves fiddling with things outside the game.

Here's one thing I think you should try (I do not know if it'll work though):

• If you are able to access the main menu and was able to create a Klei Account
  • Then open up steam and go to DST's Steam Workshop and look for Clear Main Screen Mod. I hear it reduces the amount of memory used up while in the menu.
  • Once you subscribe to the mod, open DST,
  • Click Play (to go to main menu)
  • Click mods and activate the Clear Main Screen Mod (there should be a check box you can click)
  • BUT also press the Screw (configure mod) button and Disable everything you can with that mod,
  • Click Apply for the Configuration Menu then Click Apply again for the Mods Menu. Game should put you back to the first screen
  • Now try if you can host your game this time around.

If that didn't help at all, then I guess your only option now is to either upgrade to a reasonably priced secondhand (if possible) graphics card and hold on to the game until you get it OR work your way through getting the gifted game refunded (sadly, I do not know the specifics of that process).

I hope that clears things up at least, sorry you weren't able to play as soon as you got the game. Cheers.

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment