DST server crashes when the new day is loading

Athracite
  • Closed

When playing Don't Starve Together, with another player or alone in server, the server crashes after the night is over and the new morning is loading. The character being played doesn't seem to affect it, and as far as I can tell having mods or no mods doesn't seem to affect it either.

I deleted all local content from my computer (going into programs etc), and reinstalled it hoping it would solve the issue, but it's still there. 

Steps to Reproduce
I was building my camp during the night by a fire. It disconnected me when I got the "loading..." scroll for the new day.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

This also happen to me. I cant play further than a day.

client_log.txt from C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

Edited by LifeArtist
added client_log

Share this comment

@Athracite can you try removing all the files in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether (moving them to another location if you want to save your games) and playing again? Does the error still occur? If it crashes again, can you post your server.ini file from Cluster_1\Master (assuming you're playing with caves in slot 1).

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, PeterA said:

@Athracite can you try removing all the files in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether (moving them to another location if you want to save your games) and playing again? Does the error still occur? If it crashes again, can you post your server.ini file from Cluster_1\Master (assuming you're playing with caves in slot 1).

@LifeArtist Looks like the mod you're using is currently broken. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514758022

Oh thanks that makes sense! ... I have opened @Athracite client log and searched for 514758022 I have found it so maybe its also the mod which causes problems on his server 

• Like 1

Share this comment

If anyone cares, I have posted a fix for that which seems to work for me: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514758022 search for my comment.

Okay so I guess your errors still exists. I have fixed those by opening C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-514758022\scripts\components\minspawner.lua (open with an text editor)

Then you have to search for DECIDUOUS you will find alot. If you have found a DECIDUOUS without a GROUND. as prefix you have to add it.

e.g DECIDUOUS -> GROUND.DECIDUOUS

after I have fixed that I have recieved another error message. The same with DECIDUOUS just with ROCKY

so again just search for ROCKY and add as prefix GROUND. if its not already added

e.g ROCKY -> GROUND.ROCKY

... Let me know if it fixed that steamhappy

Regards

Edited by LifeArtist

Share this comment