DST error on macos 10.14.4

WallaceGan
  • Pending

There is something wrong  while playing  Don't Starve Together. I run the game, and it shows like the Screenshot, while can hear the music. I have tried to re-install and restart the game but don’t work。 

Please help me to solve the problem.

My game is up to date. I posted log file and Screenshot.

46F18173-2102-4BF6-B0C5-1BA3F6229A47.png

BA47A984-2855-4B63-819D-6D7B1FBDB2F1.png

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Just start game. It always happened.

User Feedback

PersistUserStorage is now /Users/.../Documents/Klei//DoNotStarveTogether/389910664/ 

I have never seen this (the number after DST folder). What is this? :confused:

Either way, can you try removing/renaming client.ini file under that folder?

Share this comment

22 hours ago, myxal said:

PersistUserStorage is now /Users/.../Documents/Klei//DoNotStarveTogether/389910664/ 

I have never seen this (the number after DST folder). What is this? :confused:

Either way, can you try removing/renaming client.ini file under that folder?

I have no idea about the number, maybe it is account id of Klei. The folder generated automatically after my first time of starting game. If I delete this folder, DST can't start and no window show. 

The client.ini just has two lines:

"[MISC]
console_enabled = true"

It is ok? 

Share this comment

client.ini contents are OK. I tried deleting my DST data folder and it was recreated with the numbered subfolder like you have it, so that's apparently OK as well.

When you reinstalled, did you also verify game files (via Steam -> game properties -> local files -> Verify integrity...)? If so, the I guess only devs can help you. Could be a graphics driver issue, but there's not much you can do about that in macOS... FWIW I'm on an older MBP, also with Intel Iris graphics (albeit earlier gen.) and it works fine for me.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot - check if you've not run out of disk space on your drive where ~/Documents are, and if you're using iCloud, check if it has moved the DST data folder into iCloud drive.

Edited by myxal

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, myxal said:

client.ini contents are OK. I tried deleting my DST data folder and it was recreated with the numbered subfolder like you have it, so that's apparently OK as well.

When you reinstalled, did you also verify game files (via Steam -> game properties -> local files -> Verify integrity...)? If so, the I guess only devs can help you. Could be a graphics driver issue, but there's not much you can do about that in macOS... FWIW I'm on an older MBP, also with Intel Iris graphics (albeit earlier gen.) and it works fine for me.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot - check if you've not run out of disk space on your drive where ~/Documents are, and if you're using iCloud, check if it has moved the DST data folder into iCloud drive.

I had verified many time, it showed all good. By the way, I am using iCloud and local ~/Document is fine.

So sad about this problem that can't play game.:wilson_cry: Maybe the latest os is the reason, or graphics driver something. 
Thank you! You are so warm-hearted!:D

Share this comment