DST crash upon start

Swurby
  • Pending

Every attempt at launch would have the window stay black then after a few seconds close itself.

I've browsed this http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1854779-dst-is-crashing-dst-won-t-start support post and every solution hasn't fixed the issue, no changed occurred when attempting.

I've also tried uninstalling it through deleting the files within common/apps and reinstalling it that way, no luck.
My graphics card is fully updated and trying to edit the settings in Nvidia Control Panel for DST through that does not seem to change the outcome.

Also have browsed this 

post, the solution provided to another user (not the original poster) of accessing the Klei/documents file and renaming it to dontstarvetogether_backup although changed the window size from full screen windowed to a smaller window size did not fix the issue at large.

My computer hardware although I don't know the specifics and nitty gritty in depth but could check if needed, would have more than acceptable specs to run the game. It is windows 10 if that helps any. No dlc's or anything just the pure vanilla game and original Don't Starve is not installed however was in the past.

Used to play this game in the past, and had a ton of fun and wanted to replay it recently with a friend. Although theirs downloaded and worked straight out of the gate, mine seemed to struggle. Any help would be stellar; thanks ♥

Steps to Reproduce
Download DST via Steam, verify integrity of Game, through task manager close every other application running, run game for it to crash, remove every instance of it through common apps and documents/klei, reinstall it + verify and have the same thing occur. Go through Nvidia control panel and add DST in 'Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings' and set everything as whatever's recommended, nothing occurs.

User Feedback

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the game. In order to look into this further, could you provide us with your DxDiag.txt and client_log.txt files? 

You can generate your DxDiag.txt by following the steps here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/2503104

And you can find your client_log.txt file in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt

• Thanks 1

Share this comment