Dragonfly wetness/eletrical mechanic bug (Morning Star / Electric Darts).)

Cheetos
  • Pending

Every mob takes full damage with the wetness prefix (gained at 35 and above), except for the Dragonfly who seems to gain the wetness prefix at 45(?) wetness, takes scaling amounts of damage at 0.01 modifier per 1 wetness. Meaning although the Dragonfly already has the wetness prefix, you cannot do full electric damage to it until it's wetness stacks all the way to the 100 cap. This takes a pretty long time and only the Dragonfly works this way, I assume this is because the Dragonfly was changed to be extinguished by Water Balloons at 100 wetness, which broke something with Electric Weapons.

Steps to Reproduce
Go to the Dragonfly during rain, make sure you can see the damage you're dealing to the Dragonfly clearly. Wait for the wetness prefix which should appear at around 45(?) wetness, hit the dragonfly and notice you're not doing full damage, continue hitting the Dragonfly and watch as the damage continues to stack at 0.01 modifier per 1 wetness up to a cap of 100 wetness.

User Feedback

You don't need wetness prefix to deal extra damage, I believe. Dragonfly uses personal wetness variable that is set to zero on every enrage. All other creatures and bosses seem to use global variable of land wetness, according to my tests.

Share this comment

On 4/22/2017 at 0:47 AM, Diaboliko said:

You don't need wetness prefix to deal extra damage, I believe. Dragonfly uses personal wetness variable that is set to zero on every enrage. All other creatures and bosses seem to use global variable of land wetness, according to my tests.

The wetness prefix is indeed an indicator to that all other creatures will receive full damage from the morning star and are fully "wet". The dragonfly having it's personal wetness value which is set to 0 is what I was talking about. Because of that change they made with water balloons to extinguish the dragonfly you can't do full damage until it stacks to 100, which is absurd.

full damage should just be done to the DF when it has the wetness prefix. Rather than calculating off of it's hidden water level (all the way up to 100). Hopefully that makes my point a bit clearer.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Cheetos said:

The wetness prefix is indeed an indicator to that all other creatures will receive full damage from the morning star and are fully "wet". The dragonfly having it's personal wetness value which is set to 0 is what I was talking about. Because of that change they made with water balloons to extinguish the dragonfly you can't do full damage until it stacks to 100, which is absurd.

full damage should just be done to the DF when it has the wetness prefix. Rather than calculating off of it's hidden water level (all the way up to 100). Hopefully that makes my point a bit clearer.

Dragonfly herself is a punching bag anyway, and her lavae won't get wet anyway... So just don't bother using morning star against her :>

Share this comment