don'tstarve_steam.exe has stopped working.

vat0nage
  • Closed

For some reason, my DST cannot open. I will click 'Play' on Steam, and it will open to a black screen, where it will stay for 30-60 seconds, before saying dontstarve_steam.exe has stopped working. I have tried multiple things to get it to work, just short of resetting my computer, most of them being on your list of things to do, however, it still refuses to open past the original black screen.

If this is of any help, when trying to reinstall DirectX, it cannot fully install due to an 'internal server error'.

If there was any way you could help, I would definitely appreciate it, thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
While also having Discord, Steam, and Google Chrome open, I pressed 'Play' on my Don't Starve on Steam.

User Feedback

Checking your computer's specs, unfortunately your graphics card (Intel HD Graphics) only has 64 MB of Dedicated RAM - DST requires at least 256 MB or higher to perform

If you have a dedicated GPU like an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce card installed, you will have to go into your AMD or NVIDIA Control Panel and force your dedicated GPU to launch and run Don't Starve Together instead of your integrated Intel card.

If not, you may have to contact Steam Support for a possible refund due to system incompatibility.

• Like 1

Share this comment