Don't Starve Together won't launch

JuraBobo
  • Pending

Hello :)

Upon launching the game in my Steam library, as the "prepairing to launch DST..." window pops up, I can see the process go from "Running" to "Syncing" for a split second and then it all ends without DST ever being launched.

I have followed advice I found in many other similar threads including:
- Verifying Integrity of Game Files
- Making sure my Drivers are okay
- Making sure graphics card setup is okay
- Re-installing VCredist and DXSetup
- Re-installing whole DST
- Cleaning Steam cache
- Going through Steam's "Games do not run after 'Preparing to Launch'" troubleshooting guide
I also tried some random stuff I don't understand such as changing compatibility setting of the dontstarve_steam.exe (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin) file to every possible setting, but nothing seems to work.

When I go and try launching dontstarve_steam.exe (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin) I recieve error message "The entry point to the inet_pton procedure was not found in the dynamic library of WS2_32.dll"I do have Windows XP, but I played DST just like a week ago and everything was just fine.
Also, not sure if it is worth mentioning, but single player Don't Starve works fine.

Client_log.txt file never got created, since the game didn't start, but I have included the DxDiag.txt.

Hopefully somone can make sense out of all this mess. :D Sorry for the long post. 

Steps to Reproduce
Launching DST in Steam library or by desktop shortcut.

User Feedback