Don't Starve Together "Server is not responding" No one can Join my servers Either

Kirby4D
  • Pending

Hello, I've been trying different fixes to my problem and none seem to work, I've also contacted Klei support and received no reply.

Whevener I try to join a public game or a game made by my friends I get the message  "Server is not responding" and if anyone tries to join a game I made they never get to join my game.

I've tried re-Installing the game.
Deleting every single file related to the game in my pc.
Deleting every mod.
Verifying the files.

Port Forwarding  10997-10998-10999.

Disabling Firewall.

Disabling Antivirus.
White listing DST.
Openning DST as admin.

I can't play the game at all only on single player and that's not what DST is about.

/// Double posted since I'm not sure where to post this.

Steps to Reproduce
I tried to join any server and got "Server is not responding" and no one seem to be able to join my games either, friends from different pc's tried. I used to be able to play normally but after I installed Windows 10 I have been unable.

User Feedback

Are you able to post your server_log.txt from both the Caves and Master folders of the save slot that you are trying to load? For example, save slot 1 would be Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Sorry for the delay on the response I was just moving to a new place.

I do not have such files, probably as I deleted the game completly and re-installed it, I have made a new game for myself to test if friends could join but they were unable.

These are the files I have:

dst 2.png

dst 2.png

Edited by Kirby4D

Share this comment

@Kirby4D I don't see anything wrong in your logs. Can you try capturing another log from when your friends are unable to join your server?

If that is from a user trying to join, then something with your network setup is blocking the incoming connections requests.

Share this comment

What could possibly be blocking it? I disabled my antivirus and the firewall but still it's not working, I've also white listed don't starve together, how can I fix it?

EDIT: I'll ask a friend to join and post the log, try to give me possible solutions for now :/

Edited by Kirby4D

Share this comment

Unfortunately, there appears to be a low level network error occurring that is blocking the connecting between your computer and the server.

Share this comment

Could you double check the ports specified in server.ini and cluster.ini and see if they're the ones you are forwarding?

Further, double check the DHCP client IP on the device you're using to host with the forwarded ports' target IP.

Share this comment

On 22/10/2018 at 6:44 PM, PeterA said:

Since it sounds like something with your network configuration broke during the Windows 10 update, you might need to contact Microsoft support about it.

There's a few things you can try in here too.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues

I can connect normally to any other game in steam or any other game outside steam and every website online as well, not sure how it is windwos 10 update, I've tried some of the fixes listed in the website but it didn't fix it.

Could you double check the ports specified in server.ini and cluster.ini and see if they're the ones you are forwarding?

Further, double check the DHCP client IP on the device you're using to host with the forwarded ports' target IP.

I will double check this right now.

On 23/10/2018 at 1:23 AM, CarlZalph said:

I have double checked it now and yes, it is all set up properly or at least I believe so.

image.png.083c4f361871eca072ca9151d28e8722.png

I have finally fixed the problem by using the last resort on the website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues

Using this: 

Use network reset to reinstall network devices.

Thank you for you help.

• Like 1

Share this comment