Don't Starve Together Out Of Memory

OliStarComet
  • Pending

DxDiag.txtI've played Don't Starve Together a few times but now it keeps saying it's out of memory I have downloaded mods but I've disabled them all. I can play The Forge absolutely fine but hosting a game is impossible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce
Choose 'Host a Game' on Don't Starve Together with no mods

User Feedback

Running servers requires more memory out of your PC compared to playing on servers run by other people. Which also means playing on the Forge requires less memory since we are playing as the clients to the "The Forge" servers.  If you look at your client_log.txt (found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether), you should be able to see the amount of memory the game needs out your computer system.

If you're getting "out of memory" errors, then it means your PC can't operate and host a server. I don't know if there is even a fix or workaround for this. Unless you've previously been able to run and host servers before just fine and this issue only started when The Forge went live, then I guess, you should attach a copy of the client_log.txt file in case the out of memory issue is caused by memory leaks. Big maybe. Also attaching a copy of your dxdiag.txt to generate it follow instructions below:

In order to get a DXDiag on Windows:
- Click on your Start button
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
- On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
- Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
- A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
- Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

@OliStarComet when you are making replies to this bug report post, you can see the words "drag files here to attach, or choose files" line just under the text box. Attach the client_log.txt file like that you could also just simply drag drop the client_log.txt file into the reply text box and it should auto attach. Then Submit Comment. 

Share this comment

@OliStarComet the file you attached is the dxdiag file. What I would like to see is the client_log.txt located in \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

Before adding this file, please: disable your mods, close DST, validate the game files via steam, run DST with all mods still disabled, start a new world without any mods. 

If you run into the bug then please close dst then find and attach the client_log.txt  to this report.

• Like 1

Share this comment

A) Are you hosting a world with caves enabled? If so then try creating a non-caves world.
B) Try enabling Small Textures in the options, then restart DST, try again and see if it throws the out of memory error again.

Share this comment