Delayed movement with and without predict move, Delayed picking up and unability to fight without lag spikes.

snowtee
  • Closed

So, everything I do is delayed especially picking up things, equipping things, mining/chopping etc and eating. Movement doesn't delay, just lags.. (WITH PREDICTIVE MOMEVEMTS ON)

Then, I turn predictive/predict movements off. Picking up things, equipping and eating has improved. Everything else became worse. Movement is delayed without lag. 

I'm obviously not the host. The server ping IS high, but I don't know why. Here are the host's specs:

3.30 GHz CPU/processor.

64-bit

4 Gbs of ram.

Intel R Hd Graphics GPU, but she doesn't know how to find those. I hope this is correct.

It happens to her when I host too but my computer is a bit weak so it's understandable. Hers is more powerful but I still get the same amount of lag she gets when I host. Though her host meter is all green(Good). 

Any tips to improve server ping or anything to fix this problem?

Steps to Reproduce
Not many steps. All I did was join my friend's server then go out to find her. it was okay at first, then suddenly everything just rocketed downhill. Happens to her too when I host.

User Feedback

Hey @snowtee, welcome to the forums. I actually think the issue lies with your own computer and not hers/your friend's computer. You did consider your own PC as a bit weak, then it's highly probable that your PC cannot keep up with the requirements of the game. The rudimentary benchmark if your PC should be fine with DST is if you get ALL GREEN when hosting your own online server. If your PC is having bad ping to itself as client AND host, then it really is due to your PCs inability to run the game properly. 

But that's just my understanding based on what you've said so far. Although there could be other factors that affect you, so I highly suggest trying out every method you can find in this Klei Article: Network and Performance Troubleshooting Guide and see if any of them fixes it for you.

If that still doesn't work, get two files (client_log.txt file and DXDiag file) and attach the files to this bug report by drag dropping the files into the textbox that appears when making a comment/reply.

In order to get the client_log.txt:

• Go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether
  • Look for a text file called client_log.txt and attach it to your next reply.

In order to get a DXDiag on Windows:

• - Click on your Start button
  • - Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
  • - On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
  • - Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
  • - A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
  • - Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.

Share this comment

Hey @Zillvr, Thanks a lot!I've already found a solution, and that was to make a dedicated server instead. I figured it should've been my weak computer, but it's all solved after I've started a dedicated server. All I need now is to know how to setup mods... on mac os. I'll make another post for that If I don't figure it out with more reading. But thanks again!

Share this comment