Deerclops/Bearger always spawns near?

Holocus
  • Closed

I'm playing on my own Dedicated Server and I have noticed the large bosstype monsters, Deerclops and Bearger confirmed, always seem to spawn in the near vicinity of the player, instead of a more random world spawn as in regular Don't Starve.

I feel it takes away some suspense knowing that each winter and spring a Deerclops and a Bearger will attack, For me there was much more enjoyment of the randomness that he -might- spawn nearby the first winter (and wreck everything) or that one had to go hunting for it when one felt prepared.

If this is intended behaviour in DST and not a bug, I would very very much like a setting for worldgen to use the regular Don't Starve's random spawn method.

/Holo

Steps to Reproduce
always happens, each winter the deerclops spawns nearby and each spring the bearger spawns nearby (I haven't confirmed the summer/autumm bosses) Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server on Windows.

User Feedback

even in DS these guys spawn near you.. bearger is not a spring boss. he spawns in autumn. And all of them actually spawns near you even in DS. So a good strategy is to leave the base when you hear their voice (aka warning prior to their spawn). in DST, I guess the game mechanics is, if there are 10 people in a server 9 of them out of the base and 1 is in the base, deerclops or bearger spawns to that single guy who is at base. For DS, cuz its a single player game, these bosses spawn on you no matter where you are.

Edited by Gingerbread

Share this comment

Oops yeah, noticed the Bearger was an autumm boss, (acidentally forgot pause_when_empty, so ended up at that season after a nights logout)  but was this behaviour changed when RoG came for DS? (I haven't really played RoG more then testing it for a few days in DS) But in regular DS before RoG most of my games I could go for many winters before even finding a Deerclops, which felt more natural.

Guess this is not an bug then,nevertheless would be nice to have them spawn more random in the world.

/Holo

Share this comment