Dedicated Sever failed to start after newest update

JesterOK
  • Fixed

After the last update, the server does not work. Log files are attached. This problem is noticed on the servers under Linux OS. 

On Windows starts without problems.

I would be gratefull if you solve the problem.

server_log(master).txt

server_log(caves).txt

Steps to Reproduce
Dedicated Sever failed to start after newest update

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If you look at your server_log(master).log file you will see a few lines with warnings. I for one would try to take care of those first.

[00:00:00]: [WARNING] -console has been deprecated: Use the [MISC] / console_enabled setting instead.

[00:00:00]: [WARNING] [NETWORK] offline_server has been deprecated and replaced with [NETWORK] offline_cluster

[00:00:00]: WARNING: icon paths for mod workshop-597417408 (1.Less lags) are not valid. Got icon_atlas="images/modicon.xml" and icon="modicon.tex".
Please ensure that these point to valid files in your mod folder, or else comment out those lines from your modinfo.lua.   

If you are complaining about Caves shard not connecting to Master then just try a forced update of the game files, it worked for me.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, cezarica said:

If you look at your server_log(master).log file you will see a few lines with warnings. I for one would try to take care of those first.

If you are complaining about Caves shard not connecting to Master then just try a forced update of the game files, it worked for me.

How did you make a forced update of the game files?

Share this comment

./steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "${install_dir}" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 +quit

where install_dir is /home/steam/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server

I don't use the bash scripts that came with the tutorial on the forums, I made my own thingy and that's the command I use to update the server.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, cezarica said:

./steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "${install_dir}" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 +quit

where install_dir is /home/steam/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server

I don't use the bash scripts that came with the tutorial on the forums, I made my own thingy and that's the command I use to update the server.

IURA0DtnQ7uxwhqaO9lnig.png

Nothing helped =(

Share this comment

Try with deleting the /home/steam/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server or whatever you got and try the command again.

Another option would be to disable your mods and see if maybe one of them is causing problems.

Share this comment