Dedicated server failed to start

Kotchiry
  • Pending

Hello, I've got a problem with my game
I started a new map, I played with my boyfriend for a few hours of time until then, IT'S A PERFECT MAP I DONT WANNA LOOSE IT ... we haven't encountered any issue, but when we took a little break and I came back to host our DST server and ''Dedicated server failed to start'' window showed up, everytime I try to re-start our  map since then...., but not only that, even when I try to make ANY map with caves, this error shows up and not only to me, but my boyfriend has same issue on his computer everytime he tries to make a map with caves AS WELL. Yet another thing happened, when I restarted my steam and opened my don't starve game, the game was behaving like I was there for the first time and asked me to make a new profile.. like wtf? but thanks got it got repaired after another restart, however my issue with caves remains..
What should we do? I really don't want to loose our map and I DO want play with caves. -_-

PS: I can't find my MDMP file anywhere in steam DST folder... :/ 

Sincerely, Tessu

Bez názvu.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I restarted my steam client and game, deleted my mods and then nothing more....

User Feedback

Looking into this, it looks like your server had trouble registering with the lobby server. Was this a temporary issue, or are you still unable to connect?

If the issue persists, start up the game once more, try to run the server, and if it does not work, immediately shut down the game and send us your new client and server logs.

Share this comment

@artiopi8 - In order to look into your report, we will need more information. Can we get you to get a couple of logs for us? These will give us a better understanding of what is going on with your game.

1) Start the client
2) Try to start the server.
3) When it fails, close the client, and send us the following files:

Your most recent Client_log.txt
Both the server_log.txt files (master and caves) They should be located here:

Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt
Documents/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_{N}/Master/server_log.txt
Documents/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_{N}/Caves/server_log.txt

Where {N} refers to the slot where you started the game in (slots 1 through 5)

Share this comment

Sooo... my fiance had edited the registry to disable Cortana because I didn't use it and it was taking up memory. He created a restore point before he did That, and when he reverted to that restore point everything started working again. So it works, but I can't tell you why :/

Share this comment