Dedicated Server Failed To Start

UtileDulci
  • Pending

Hey, as the title says, I can't start my server anymore, and the weird thing is that it's not even a dedicated one. Even weirded is that other servers also can't be started.

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Not sure, but I think just playing, then saving and trying to restart.

User Feedback

I'm having the same issue, except this is on Linux.  It's also only on my host.  I can join games, but if I host a new one or my existing games, it no longer loads.  I reinstalled the game and even wiped out my .klei directory.

client_log.txt

server_log.txt

Share this comment

Okay, I tried it again, it looks to be related when generating or using any game with Caves again.  I've seen this before...checking the forums.

Share this comment

I've sent my server files to a friend and he's able to host. Also, after joining him I was somehow able to host, but now can't again. Tried deleting sessions, disabling mods, hasn't worked.

Share this comment

Is there

On 1/28/2017 at 7:50 AM, UtileDulci said:

I've sent my server files to a friend and he's able to host. Also, after joining him I was somehow able to host, but now can't again. Tried deleting sessions, disabling mods, hasn't worked.

Have you tried games without caves?  I don't get the error if I host without games.  That includes previous games with caves in them.

Share this comment

17 hours ago, hasues said:

Is there

Have you tried games without caves?  I don't get the error if I host without games.  That includes previous games with caves in them.

Did you mean that you can somehow delete the cave portion of an already existing game?

Share this comment

On 1/30/2017 at 10:38 AM, UtileDulci said:

Did you mean that you can somehow delete the cave portion of an already existing game?

Oh, no, sorry, I was saying if you hosted a new game.  I can't host games with caves (even existing ones).  I did the same thing, I moved my files to another person and he was able to host them as well.

Share this comment

Okay, just wanted to give a heads up.  This seems to be a problem with all of my Linux boxes.  This might be a problem of my user environment, but I need to run more tests.  So far however, none of my Linux boxen can run the game with caves.  Again, this started when the game had the gobbler event update.

Share this comment

In this scenario, I attempted to start the game with Caves and with Halloween Nights...same result.  It's odd because note that both the Caves server and the regular server appear to be starting correctly (I supplied both server log files from each area).  However, the client is reporting that there was a problem.  Does this mean that the fault actually is with the client's communication to both servers or some such?

On a more troubling note, I'm a bit concerned noting that the game is attempting to place components on a map but one sees warning that it couldn't find a place to put it.  I'm curious if the game attempts to resolve it by placing it somewhere else or does it simply remove it.

Anyway, Klei, please take a peek when you get a chance.  I've been unable to host my games for weeks now.  Granted, I understand if you Klei is squashing bugs left and right.  I just note that the case was marked pending and that other requests had received comments.

server_log.txt

server_log.txt

client_log.txt

Share this comment

Update:  I wiped out my Steam installation along with all the games and tried everything from scratch: no dice.  I tried the New Reign beta: no dice.  It has been a month and I haven't seen a Klei resource inspect this issue.  I've noted that other people in the forums have reported this issue historically and I haven't seen any response with this issue either.

Klei, is there any extra debugging options I can run to get a better view to this issue?  Is there a queue that I can view to see when this issue can be investigated?  I'd love to help, and I can be empowered, I'd be happy to take a look?

Share this comment

Update:  Klei released the New Reign out of beta, and that patch fixed my problem, at least with old maps.  They work.

Share this comment