Dedicated Server failed to start

zenid
  • Fixed

Since today we always get the "Dedicated server failed to start"  error when we try to start our server. It worked perfectly fine until yesterday and we didn't change anything. Disabling all mods doesn't help. Starting a new server works, though.

Steps to Reproduce
Not sure, since there was no update, no mod was added and there was no crash. It just all of a sudden won't start the server anymore.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same here. 

[00:00:12]: Sim paused
[00:00:13]: [Error] Master Server Broadcast Error: DB_FAIL
[00:00:13]: [Error] Sending startup error to client: Master server broadcast failed
[00:00:13]: [IPC] Signal 'DST_Master_ErrStartup' opened  #000005B8
[00:00:13]: [IPC] Sending signal... #000005B8
[00:00:13]: [IPC] Received shutdown signal.

Share this comment

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong here. I'm seeing servers going up and down off of the server list, and even Klei's official servers are offline so the problem is likely not on your end.

Share this comment

having this issue too, can't start any games, old or new.

Able to join the games listed publicly though.

Share this comment

yes i have the same problem. my server is not a dedicated server. when i trying to start new server with caves or my current server, this mistake comes up. servers without caves are working.   

Share this comment

Apparently it's happening to everyone, i had a couple of friends trying to create a server with caves and they got the same error i did and that you all are getting. Caveless server work normally.

Share this comment

Only the overwold map could work normally.  As long as we added the caves map to the games, the server just could not be started.

QQ截图20160725145851.png

Edited by Tydio

Share this comment