container usespecificslotsforitems , is it working as intended?

Serpens
  • Pending

Hello,

I'm currently making a container that should have a tool in slot 1, while all other slots are free.
So I have an itemtestfn that checks for slot 1 + if item has any actionid tool Tag and I set usespecificslotsforitems to true.
This works in the way that slot 1 is always blocked this way, also when slot from GiveItem is initially nil.

But for other items that wont go into slot 1 it does not work well while slot is initially nil. Since slot 1 is blocked, the GetSpecificSlotForItem function always returns "slot 2". But if this slot is already occupied with a full stack or a non stackable item, the given item is completely refused, although slot 3 to x are still empty. Only if in slot 3 to x is a non-full stackable of the given item, it will succesfully add the item to this stack. But if it is a full stack, it will again not work.

Example:
Slot 1 is blocked for tools.
Slot 2 is occupied a full stack or a non stackable item.
Slot 3 to x are empty.
Now try to give the container any item (with slot initially nil), it wont accept it or drop it, although there is more than enough space.

Example 2:
Slot 1 is blocked for tools.
Slot 2 is occupied a full stack or a non stackable item.
Slot 3 is empty
Slot 4 is a half stack of cutgrass
Slot 5 to x are empty.
Now try to give him 1 cutgrass and it will successfully to to slot 4.

So I'm sure it is not yet working as intended.
I guess the GetSpecificSlotForItem should also take into account if the slot is already occupied or you need to add any other checks, to prevent this kind of problem.

A simple fix for GetSpecificSlotForItem I wrote could be:

function Container:GetSpecificSlotForItem(item)
    if item~=nil and self.usespecificslotsforitems and self.itemtestfn ~= nil then
        local iteminslot = nil
        for i = 1, self:GetNumSlots() do
            iteminslot = self:GetItemInSlot(i)
            if iteminslot==nil or (iteminslot.prefab == item.prefab and iteminslot.skinname == item.skinname and self.acceptsstacks and iteminslot.components~=nil and iteminslot.components.stackable~=nil and not iteminslot.components.stackable:IsFull()) then
                if self:itemtestfn(item, i) then
                    return i
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

so basically only adding one line to check the item in the slot, so if it is occupied or if there is a stackable item we can stack on.
It seems to work prefectly fine and I think this should also cause no issue for warly.

Steps to Reproduce
see description

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.