connection failed

kappu
  • Fixed

is server down? or just me?

Steps to Reproduce
hi, im trying to connect but seem server down.. is just me or the server down?

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same here... My friend and i want to play DST together, but the Klei-Server seems to be down...? Will it be fixed and can someone tell a date or time?:(

Share this comment

I'm also experiencing this. Things seem to fall apart around here: (complete log attached). Please let me know if there is a fix found.

[00:00:06]: Reset() returning
[00:00:07]: [Steam] Auth Session Ticket requested...
[00:00:07]: [Steam] Got Auth Session Ticket
[00:00:08]: [500] Account Failed (3): ""
[00:00:08]: [Warning] Empty error code received, dumping response:
[00:00:08]: {"Error":true,"SupplementaryData":null}

[00:00:08]: [Connect] PendingConnection::Reset(true)
[00:00:08]: failed_communication    
[00:00:08]: [Connect] PendingConnection::Reset(true)
[00:00:12]: SteamWorkshop::CancelDownloads clearing all unfinished downloads
[00:00:12]: Collecting garbage...
[00:00:12]: lua_gc took 0.01 seconds
[00:00:12]: ~ShardLuaProxy()
[00:00:12]: ~ItemServerLuaProxy()
[00:00:12]: ~InventoryLuaProxy()
[00:00:12]: ~NetworkLuaProxy()
[00:00:12]: ~SimLuaProxy()
[00:00:12]: lua_close took 0.02 seconds
[00:00:12]: [Steam] Auth ticket cancelled
[00:00:12]: Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 
[00:00:12]: Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 
[00:00:12]: CurlRequestManager::ClientThread::Main() complete
[00:00:12]: HttpClient2 discarded 0 callbacks.
[00:00:12]: Shutting down

client_log.txt

Edited by E133
Included an additional part of the log.

Share this comment

Same issue here, restarting Steam and PC did not solve anything.

Also, I don't know when this happened, but there is no longer a Klei server status page here:  http://dontstarvetogether.com/status/

Hope they fix that or take it off the official support article here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1813164-can-t-connect-to-klei-online-severs-and-dst-account-creation-errors

Share this comment

Just here to throw in my 2 cents here as well. I too have this recent problem. (Things were just fine last night).

Less than an hour ago I was streaming some game, and switched to Don't Starve Together. I'm getting the same error 'cokll' posted a screenshot of.

I too went to access  http://dontstarvetogether.com/status/ and indeed there is no server status page. I've tried restarting Steam, restarting my computer, and verifying game cache integrity. No luck.

To see if it was just me, I checked some other Twitch.tv DS:T streams. Not many to pick from, but so far I've seen a japanese streamer and a russian streamer connecting fine. So... Perhaps this is just a East Coast thing? Or USA thing? Or English-speaking-dominant thing? Or a download region thing?

I have no idea. But judging by how many views the 2 most recent topics on the same subject on this forum have in such a short time, there's probably a pretty big group of folks with this problem.

For the sake of data. I'm in the U.S. on the East Coast, in PA, the approximate Philadelphia area, connected to the Philadelphia download region in Steam.

Edited by StealthBeast

Share this comment

Just to follow up. At 11:15am EST, I retried connecting. It appears the problem's resolved; I'm connected to the server list, and everything looks to be operating normally.

Assuming the outage is also over for the rest of you.. Where are you folks from and what's your download region? Maybe we can figure out what area/demographic got the outage, and why.

Share this comment