Clicking the Mods Tab Crashes Game

cosmicdreams
  • Closed

i cant access the mods tab in "host game" because whenever i press it, the game crashes

im not sure if this is the doing of a mod or a bug on klei's side

UPDATE: pressing the "server mods" tab in the "mods" tab on the menu screen crashes the game too

client log: client_log_2018-04-22-02-47-28.txt

Steps to Reproduce
simple: press the "mods" tab in the "host game" screen, or press the "server mods" tab in the "mods" tab on the menu screen

User Feedback

After the crash, can you post your client_log.txt from your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether directory.

Share this comment

20 hours ago, PeterA said:

After the crash, can you post your client_log.txt from your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether directory.

i added the client log, after the game crashed

Share this comment

Unfortunately I don't see any crash happening in that log file. Do you get an error screen or does the game just shutdown right away?

Is your harddrive full?

You can try clearing out your old junk mods. Go to the Mods screen from the main menu, and then clicking on the Clean All (sweep) button.

Share this comment

Just now, PeterA said:

Unfortunately I don't see any crash happening in that log file. Do you get an error screen or does the game just shutdown right away?

Is your harddrive full?

You can try clearing out your old junk mods. Go to the Mods screen from the main menu, and then clicking on the Clean All (sweep) button.

it just shuts down right away

ill go try clearing it out now and see if it works

@PeterA

it works! guess i just have too many mods in here

Share this comment

It's possible there was an old corrupted cached mod file. Glad that it's working now for ya.

Share this comment