Caves Server Never Responds

osmRhodey
  • Known Issue

Any time I boot up a server I have this same issue, every single time.

Boot up a server without caves, it works utterly fine, no issues at all and everyone has a good time.
Boot up a server with caves on, and suddenly the srever isn't responding and no one can join.

I've tried this with AND without mods. It seems to make no difference.

Now I'm not sure if this is some issue to do with a firewall or what but this has been happening for a while and I really have no darn idea how to fix the issue or even what the issue is. :(

If you need any other info or anything let me know.

Steps to Reproduce
Host a server with Caves on Find your friends cannot join This is probably only my computer

User Feedback

well i just confused the delay part. pretty sure my pc its good enough,since i can run wow with all highest option on.And when i join dedicated server no matter how low the pin is , delay remains the same. without cave its good.best wishes guys,maybe hire more ppl?

Share this comment

@osmRhodey:

Could you make sure the following program is allowed through your firewall?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe

The location of this file might differ on your system depending on where you have steam installed. You can instructions for allowing a program through the firewall here: 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/communicate-through-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

Alternatively, you can try disabling the firewall completely to see if that's what's causing the issue.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, 255 said:

@osmRhodey:

Could you make sure the following program is allowed through your firewall?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe

The location of this file might differ on your system depending on where you have steam installed. You can instructions for allowing a program through the firewall here: 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/communicate-through-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

Alternatively, you can try disabling the firewall completely to see if that's what's causing the issue.

All right so I tried that before and now again and even went through all of my programs to allow it through and even went about turning everything off to no avail.

I'm not sure what else could be stopping people from joining the server as says it's not responding.

No mods on, nothing but caves. So I'm really not sure. Would the log say what was wrong or could it be the invites not working or?
:(

Share this comment

Could you post the following logs?

1) Your client_log.txt (Under Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether)

2) The master and caves server_log.txt (Under Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_N/Master_or_Caves/server_log.txt, where the 'N' in Cluster_N corresponds to the slot you started the server in, 1 being the top slot, 2 being the second, etc)

3) Your friend's client_log.txt after an unsuccessful attempt to connect to you. (If it's possible for you to get this)

Are your friends on the same LAN as you, or connecting over the Internet? Are they connecting through a steam invite? If so, could you have them try to find your server in the server browser and connect that way? 

Share this comment

The link works, but your friend's log doesn't show a connection attempt, they'll need to try to connect to your game, and then shut the game down, and send their client_log.txt. If they start the game again, it will overwrite the previous log. It would also be really helpful to get a log after they tried to connect to you using the server browser. If they're having trouble finding your game, make sure they reset all of their filters, set the 'Playstyle' filter to 'Any', and try refreshing a few times, as it may take a minute or two for your server to show up in the browser after it's been started.

Also, I got one of your server_log.txt files, the one from the Caves/ subdirectory, but I'll need the one from the Master/ subdirectory as well.

Share this comment