cant resume world because i disc. in caves

mata.pycha
  • Pending

User Feedback

@mata.pycha unfortunately, it's difficult to determine what caused the issue in the first place. Since you have a lot of mods active when you disconnected from the world while in the caves. I do not want to get your hopes up, cause this is the first time I've encountered this issue you are having. I cannot guarantee that I can help fix it.

For now, do the following:

• Open Steam
  • In games library right click DST
  • Click Properties
  • Go to LOCAL FILES tab
  • Click verify the integrity of the game cache
  • Once finished go open DST, click Play
  • Click Mods
  • Click Update All (icon with three arrows pointing down)
  • Go back to main menu
  • Open Host Game
  • Select Faulty World (which slot are you using?)
  • Resume Faulty World
  • If crashed, or getting failed to connect/resume world error, then
  • Minimize DST
  • Open Windows Explorer then go to Documents > Klei > DoNotStarveTogether 
  • Get copy of client_log.txt
  • Save copy to desktop
  • Now go to Cluster_# (wherein # corresponds to the slot # used in the Host Game screen), 
  • Open Master Folder and get a copy of the server_log.txt and paste it on desktop, rename it master_log.txt
  • Go back to Cluster_# folder
  • Open Caves Folder and get a copy of the server_log.txt and paste it on desktop, rename it caves_log.txt
  • Make reply to this thread
  • Attach the copied client_log.txt AND master_log.txt AND caves_log.txt by drag dropping them into a reply in this bug report in the forums

The instructions above will help give a more updated view of what's happening with that world.

Have you updated DST since then? After updating, were you still unable to access that world? If not, then try and make a new world with all the same mods and in that new world access the caves and disconnect from the caves and see if you could replicate the issue from the faulty save.

@mata.pycha do you have an antivirus enabled? Try disable it and see if you are able to access the world. If you don't want to disable it, try and put DST into your antivirus' whitelist.

Share this comment