Sign in to follow this  

Can't Resume or Create World

PolarisAzure
  • Pending

So, after the Webber rework update, I can't resume my world, so I tried making a new one, but the same thing happens. I don't know what causes the issue, I guess it has to do with spiders. (I use mods, but I disabled them and I still get the same results.)

2021-06-24 19_56_36-Don't Starve Together.png

Steps to Reproduce

I don't know, just try it in game?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

+1 to this, I've tried deleting every cluster and then relaunching with no mods, but I can't launch any world with caves on. I could, however, connect to a friends server that had caves active. 

Share this comment

Oh good I feared I was the only one with that problem. Because in the steam discussion nobody had that problem. I tryed everthing I can think of. Disable all mod's with caves enabeld = no server. Check for broken files = no server. Reinstall DST without mod's at all = no server. Running DST as admin = no server. Enable all DST related for my firewall on privat and open network = no server. Restart PC = no server. Reset my Klei folder = no server. All of the above together = no server...

I don't know what to do at this point. If someone knows anything else I'm willing to try but at the moment it seems we have to wait and see when Klei has time to fix it. I hope its soon. But to stay positiv at least a little as a webber main i freaking love the changes they made to my Spooder Boy <3

Share this comment

I just spent 2 hours debugging this issue with iaregravy. There's nothing that we didn't do.
I can create servers just fine, but when they try to do it with caves, they get that same error.
Log files say "[00:00:38]: [Error] Dedicated server process terminated prematurely." and nothing of useful info at all.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, kiwiflmi said:

same here. can't resume or create world with caves on but can create new ones without caves.

I stopped my antivirus and i'm back on now. So from now on i can't have anitivirus running while playing the game?

Share this comment

Jo kiwiflmi if you don't need caves right now, just wait until klei fixes it. But if you realy need caves right now it seems like disabling antivirus is our only option as bad as it sounds :?

Share this comment

Guys I may be found a solution If you like me and use Avast you need to go on menu then into options and in ther you set a ecseption for the hole DST bin folder. I did also marked DST and the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe under approved apps don't know if its necessary but I did it anyway. This way you don't need to disable your entire firewall. I hope this helps at least some of you guys.

Oh and don't crucify me in case I am stupid for not thinking about this sooner or beeing not helpfull, I did not sleep at all last night so my brain ist just working on round about 12-23% right now. :wilson_ill:

Edited by Catuna101

Share this comment

Yah guys you don't have to turn off avast completely, just create an exception. I personally did one for my entire steam library but im not sure if that's proper

• Like 1

Share this comment