Can't remotely admin server

Neuroplasticity
  • Pending

The latest update won't let another person admin my servers.

I've added adminlist.txt to both my Master & Caves save folders.  These files have only 1 Klei ID that belongs to another user.  Unfortunately, that person CANNOT send console commands to the server.  The prompt doesn't show "REMOTE".  Spawning, giving items, godmode, etc won't work.

One strange thing:  If I try to give an item (say, c_give("log",1)) that item drops on the floor where the mouse is but only shows on the client.  That item can't be picked up or interacted with.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Create adminlist.txt in Caves/save & Master.save folder. Add Klei ID to the files. 2. Start dedicated server cluster. 3. Play DST on another account whose ID is in the adminlist.txt & not the server owner. 4. Call the prompt. Note that the word "REMOTE" isn't there. 5. Try console commands which aren't working.

User Feedback

Figured it out.  Adminlist.txt needs to go to the cluster folder instead of being replicated in the server folders.  There should've been documentation on file locations & changes.

Share this comment

btw, when you don't have admin powers, and try to spawn something, it will spawn, but only to you, it won't be a real object, it will just stand there, and be unusable

Share this comment

On 14/2/2016 at 4:28 AM, Neuroplasticity said:

Figured it out.  Adminlist.txt needs to go to the cluster folder instead of being replicated in the server folders.  There should've been documentation on file locations & changes.

Holy smokes how I have been looking for this piece of info.

Your solution works for me as well, moving adminlist.txt from /Master/save the same folder as Cluster.ini lies in.

Thank you for sharing!

Share this comment