Cant play with caves

StormySilkDud
  • Pending

I know this is a well known issue but i cant play any worlds with caves as they load forever, everyone else has had it fixed yet i havent

Steps to Reproduce
Run a server with caves

User Feedback

@StormySilkDud you seem to be running a whole lot of mods, and it seems a specific mod is no longer available but the game still attempts to load it (but it can't). Based on the error line:

[00:00:56]: DownloadPublishedFileV2()
[00:00:56]: Did not find the ugc handle in the cache. This is likely because you're subscribed to a non-existent file 1448485602

The number 1448485602 corresponds to the mod number in the steam page and the workshop number in Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods. But since that specific mod number no longer exists on the steam page, try and delete the mod manually in the mod folders location. Look for workshop-1448485602.

This is all purely guesswork.

Also, Klei can only provide actual support if the actual base game (without mods) is having issues. I.E. You can't create server worlds with caves without any mods active. Since mods modify the game, many or any of the mods used could be causing the issue. And sadly, that is out of Klei's hands.

Try deleting that specific mod folder first though, then see if it works or not. If not, attach another client_log.txt and also the server_log.txt for that specific server.

If you're running from the 5th slot, go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\#####\Cluster_5\Master, and get the server_log.txt from there. That's the specific log of the server running then failing. That should provide more information.

Good luck.

Share this comment

Thank you! it actually fixed it, i saw that mod dissapear and get replaced by another mod extremely similar, i assumed it got taken down and re uploaded with an update, thank you.

Share this comment