Can't launch server // Cave error

Cellby
  • Pending

Haven't played this game in quite some time, and I'm really happy that The Forge came out to rekindle my interest in the game. I decided to start up a new world for a clean slate, but it would not allow me to generate the server and all it would say is to please try again later. Trying to figure out what was going on, I finally started up a world without caves and it started up fine. Maybe it has something to do with The Forge, I thought. Played in my friend's servers instead and hoped for a fix seeing other people commented this issue on the forums too.

It got pretty upsetting when I still could not create a new server for myself after The Forge. But...I ended up using my old world. I forgot the progress I've done in it – only in the first year but I had a base that was prettier than I remembered. Great location and world generation too. I could definitely spend my time here; I did not even feel like making a new world anymore. Summer has just started and my friends and I survived the entirety of it in the caves.

Soon came autumn, and we emerged from the musty caves and breathed in the fresh air. My friend and I at the time decided to build a zoo below our base. I followed some tracks and found a Varg...in the same forest where another Varg I left and completely forgot about resided. Long story short, I was being chased around by 2 Vargs for a day and I handled it like a champ. Brought them around and they killed a whole bunch of other aggressive mobs for me. Funnily enough, I've played The Forge so much that I wasn't even scared of the Vargs anymore. I was just runner Maxwell at that point. ;)

The only reason I had to stop is because I had no food with me, so my friend suggested that I enter a cave to lose their aggro. So I did, and my server crashed. Decided to call it a night because it was late anyway. However, trying the next day made me realize: I can't enter that world anymore.

So now I can't make a new world with caves, and I can't enter my old save. I really hope the world is not corrupted and I can still access it somehow in the future. I can't really figure out what is going on but it definitely has something to do with the caves. It's just so odd that my friends and I spent an entire summer in them beforehand. My friend doesn't think it's a mod issue because we both have essentially the same mods, save a handful. 

Hopefully this issue can be fixed soon; I'd like to play this game more. Let me know if you need more information; I've attached my crash log to this post.

Steps to Reproduce
Launching a server with caves enabled.
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

It says your server is closing for some reason. Can you post the server_log.txt from the corresponding Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master directory?

Cluster_1 for the first save slot,
Cluster_2 for the second slot, etc..

• Sad 1

Share this comment

It looks like you have a corrupted save file unfortunately. Can you try backing up and deleting the contents of your Documents\Klei directory, and then starting a new world with caves?

Share this comment

On 03/01/2018 at 6:51 AM, PeterA said:

It looks like you have a corrupted save file unfortunately. Can you try backing up and deleting the contents of your Documents\Klei directory, and then starting a new world with caves?

Yup...just tried and it works. Now my other world I've settled for as an issue, made a thread about it...I just wanna play :'(

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 03/01/2018 at 6:51 AM, PeterA said:

I deleted my folder, started up a new world, went in and out of the caves a few times and it crashed. There is a serious issue going on here and I cannot have any world with caves at this rate – I have to delete the folder again...

client_log.txt

Share this comment

Sorry, can you post your server_log.txt files after the crash too, those are the ones we need to see what is causing your server to crash.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, PeterA said:

Sorry, can you post your server_log.txt files after the crash too, those are the ones we need to see what is causing your server to crash.

Here, thanks for looking into it.

server_log.txt

Share this comment