Can't create world!

HELPMEPLEZ
  • Pending

I got my friend DST for us to play but for some reason his game can't join or create a world.

My game work all good but when he try to press the generate world button, it changes to resume world and nothing happens after that.

Pressing the button doesn't nothing.

Steps to Reproduce
Everything by reinstalling or updating

User Feedback

In the Klei folder located in the Documents folder you may see some names like: Cluster. Inside this folder contains the world generated by each slot, for example: Cluster_1 (Slot 1). The world is in the Master and Caves folder. You and your friend can do some tests to solve this problem, as it is something unusual, but in doubt, improvise.

Test 1 -  After it attempts to spawn the world, the button changes to Resume World, then tell it to go to the World Cluster Slot folder, and check that the Master / Master and Caves folders are filled with the world files. If the files are there, the world is being prevented from proceeding. Here are some of the alleged reasons: 1 - Permission to host, 2 - Generated world corrupted.

To solve the host problem, it is necessary to see some details: 1 - Administrator permission for the user, 2 - Check if the computer has enough requirement to be a host, because a host consumes much more memory than a user. (I believe that firewall can not be, because as it is to host, the firewall would not block, only if it was inbound connections)

To solve the corrupted world problem you can follow these steps: 1 - Generate the world in some slot and then send the world to your friend (Master / Caves), and then tell your friend to delete the Cluster folders.

Here are the folders you should transfer to your friend. Example:

Spoiler

Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master
Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves

In the same folder : Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1 create a file named cluster.ini

In this file paste the following code:

Spoiler

[GAMEPLAY]
game_mode = survival
max_players = 2
pvp = false
pause_when_empty = true

[NETWORK]
lan_only_cluster = false
cluster_intention = cooperative
cluster_description = 
cluster_name = MyWorld
offline_cluster = false
cluster_password = 

[MISC]
console_enabled = true

[SHARD]
shard_enabled = true
bind_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_port = 10888
cluster_key = defaultPass

Create a file in the same folder named: cluster_token.txt

The token can be generated within the game by clicking the Profile button and clicking the button responsible for generating the token, after that paste the token in this file, and tell it to start the world.

Test 2 - If in case his problem is not per host, he can try to host the world with dedicated server. As there is already a post on this, I will be leaving the link below. I recommend generating a world with Caves, because it gives to enjoy much more thing.

Link: 

My English is not very good, so I counted on the help of google translate because I'm Brazilian, but I hope you understand and help you.

Share this comment