Can't connect to Caves Shard with a computer from the same router while playing Online through Steam

Nicolews
  • Pending

Hello,

First off, sorry if my english is imperfect, as it is not my native language.
On to the bug !

Situation:

- Two computers playing Don't Starve Together online through Steam from the same network. Computer A is the host of the game (a Forest Shard, a Cave shard), Computer B connects to the game through Steam Invitation.

Forest shard works just fine. But when trying to go down in the Caves from a Sinkhole, Computer A (the host) manage to go down while Computer B gets a timeout after a short time period (4-5 seconds) with a error message telling that it couldn't find the Host (and suggesting to yell louder.).

This behaviour reproduces every time. I tried disabling both computer's firewalls, to ensure it is not a blocked port on either side.

If I switch the game to a LAN-type game, resume the same server, and let Computer B log in through the Server Browser / LAN tab, everything works just fine.

Thanks,

Steps to Reproduce
1) Get two computers connected to Internet from the same box/router. 2) Host a Online, cave-enabled game from Computer A 3) Invite Computer B through Steam 4) Get in the caves with Computer B.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.