Cannot Launch Any Old Server

Entomber
  • Pending

I have three servers hosted on my computer, and was playing on them just fine until today: I logged in, and got the same error for every server that I tried to start up (picture below). 

I can host a new server, and it works fine, but all three of my existing servers do not start, and give me the same error. The screen shows "Loading..." and then the screen freezes for a second (cannot even click "cancel"), then I get this error message. 

Also, when I restart my client, I am receiving a "it looks like it's your first time playing Don't Starve" message, even though I have almost 160 hours played. I close that message, and try again, and it works. 

The only mod I have ever used is Geometric Placement, and I've disabled it and it still has no effect on this issue.

20170920110412_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
1. Log on 2. Have a server existing before 9/20/2017 3. Click "Resume World" on this server

User Feedback

Update:

I cannot create a new server with caves enabled. It seems the issue has to do with hosting a server that has caves enabled - I get the same error message when trying to create a server with caves.

20170920112910_1.jpg

Share this comment

Looking into this, it looks like your server had trouble registering with the lobby server. Was this a temporary issue, or are you still unable to connect?

If the issue persists, start up the game once more, try to run the server, and if it does not work, immediately shut down the game and send us your new client and server logs.

Share this comment