Cannot host a world with caves during Gorge event.

C0Rb3N
  • Pending

I can't resume a previously generated local world (900 days) with caves. The game is just stuck on the generating screen, so far that it freezes/unfreezes several times (freezing can be seen by lack of animation), then it kinda transitions to "connecting to world" (after a solid 5 minutes), but after that it freezes for good. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del summons the menu, but after choosing the Task Manager, it's back to an infinite black screen. The only way to end this eternal limbo is to manually switch off the PC. After rebooting, I tried to resume that world once again – the results were identical. I guess, it might have something to do with the current updates for the Gorge. I am able to resume a caveless testing world, though. So I guess, caves are the issue?

Steps to Reproduce
1. Have a world with caves generated before the Gorge event. 2. Try resuming that world during the Gorge event. 3. Experience a black screen as described above. 4. Become upset. 5. Report to BugTracker.

User Feedback

Could you provide us with your server_log.txt files? Your server_log.txt file will be in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master\server_log.txt (MASTER)
If you have a caves server as well, you can find the caves log in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves\server_log.txt (CAVES)
When sending the server logs, please ensure to match up the appropriate cluster_n folder with the in-game slot being used. So for example, if you were playing on save slot 1, your server log would be in Cluster_1.

Share this comment

I had similar problem, players not able to join existing dedicated server with a world started before The Gorge - we had all players Enter The Gorge and play a match, and then all players were able to join.

Share this comment

@JanH Hey, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I only noticed it just now. I provided the files you requested. Hopefully it'll help fix the issue.

13 hours ago, UrmaneHendrake said:

I had similar problem, players not able to join existing dedicated server with a world started before The Gorge - we had all players Enter The Gorge and play a match, and then all players were able to join.

Huh, that's pretty weird. But thanks, I'll try that.

server_log - Master.txt

server_log - Caves.txt

Share this comment