Cannot access caves (OUT OF MEMORY)

C0Rb3N
  • Pending

Anytime I try to enter a cave, the game crashes with the following message: "Don't Starve Together has run out of memory and must shut down". If this happens on a public server, I can rejoin that game and once it's done loading, my character appears in the cave. The moment I try to come back to the surface, I get the same crash again.

If, however, it happens in a world I'm hosting, trying to resume that world ends up crashing the game again, so I can no longer access that world. Sure, I can potentially roll back to a point before entering the caves, but what is the point of playing a game with half the content?

I disabled all the mods I had (Combined Status, Geometric Placement, Gesture Wheel, Global Position and Global Pause), and tried to create new worlds, going from Huge to Small (thinking my RAM cannot handle worlds due to their size), but all to no effect – as soon as I enter a cave, I crash, and then I cannot get back into that world ever again.

This issue had not happened to me before Forge had rolled out. I would get occasional crashes when entering/exiting caves, but (1) it wouldn't happen every time, and (2) I could still get back into the game after crashing. I don't know if it's a RAM issue. After all, it happens to me on public servers where I don't have to host two dedicated servers (which could explain running out of memory). I would also like to point out, that creating a new world now takes up to 5 minutes, while trying to resume an existing world takes up to 2 minutes. As far as I remember, it used to be quicker.

I'm really hoping to get some help from you, guys.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new game. 2. Find a cave entrance and try to enter it. 3. Get a crash. 4. Restart the game, resume the wolrd. 5. Get a crash again. Rinse and repeat till you longer have a desire to play DST, and move on with your life.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.