Bugged Mod List

TrashLord
  • Known Issue

For about a week, I've been having a problem with my in-game mod list - a lot of my mods haven't been being labeled properly, only displaying their workshop filenames.

bugged modlist.PNG

I wouldn't mind too much, but it's kind of difficult to track down broken mods if you can't tell which is which, I'm 100% sure many of the bugged mods are client-only mods since many of my client mods aren't listed anymore despite still being subscribed to them, and I'm about 86% sure that this is the reason I'm having a hard time connecting to friends' servers.

I've tried updating everything with the in-game updater, unsubscribing and resubscribing, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, switching between the main game and beta branch, and even manually deleting all the workshop files from my mods folder(though some of them needed administrator permission to delete and I couldn't remove them even though I am the administrator), but my mods still won't load in properly. Is anyone else having this problem? If you have, can you tell me how you fixed it?

Steps to Reproduce
IDK it's not technically a gameplay bug so i don't think there's a way to "reproduce" it.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Are you able to see the mod folder in either of these locations? And in the folder matching the mod id, are there any files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330
or in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Yes i can see.

The folders appear on the Content but on the mods folder there are none.

322330 Folder:

image.thumb.png.71fba84a0f1bf016cd2c418cb41fc808.png

Mods Folder:

image.thumb.png.e3680bfa0499dd0284bbea496e4e1314.png

Share this comment

17 hours ago, PeterA said:

What are the contents of that folder?

I assume you're talking about the 2172351538 folder inside the 322330.

The normal mod files,

All of them seem to be complete and normal to me (i used to make some mods myself)

image.thumb.png.7f71ba17ea792785d8daa368efe7a1e2.png

This is the folder with the mod i used to test before, the Edward Elric one

Edited by Super_Xayah
Correcting the folder number

Share this comment

On 4/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, Super_Xayah said:

is there something else i can do?

You might want to try deleting that mod's folder, and also try running Steam as an administrator. 

If you could also show us the folder permissions as described here, that might be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 5/3/2022 at 2:08 PM, PeterA said:

You might want to try deleting that mod's folder, and also try running Steam as an administrator. 

If you could also show us the folder permissions as described here, that might be helpful.

I've tried everything suggested here and am wondering if there's a solution now?

Share this comment

Hey Guys, coming back after a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to say:

I've finally made it work!!

I had to fully reset my steam for it, but i was able to find the culprit. it was this folder:

image.png.a4d8e4b5cd76581528bc12c300fc30d0.png

Sorry for the infos in portuguese, but to anyone that has been stuck like me on this, you guys can try and find the ModLoader file and delete it. If you can...

Mine is bugged and can't be deleted, so I've moved it to my desktop and i'll delete it in safe mode.

I have gone through the trouble to delete all Steam related files in my PC before reinstalling it, just to be sure (Appdata and other folders as well that had "Steam" in them).

Once i did that, i was able to install the "corrupted mods" normally.

TL;DR: If you fully reset your steam, you guys can see that the steam file will still be there, just move it to a different place and reinstall steam and the game will work again.

• Like 1

Share this comment