Befriended mobs stop following the player after restarting the server

Norfeder
  • Closed

As shown in the video. The pigman and rocky does follow the player when befriended. But when I restarted the server, they don't follow the player anymore.

dontstarve_steam 2019-04-27 21-41-44-778.avi

Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new, unmodded server 2. Befriend any mobs 3. Restart the server 4. Befriended mobs stop following the player

User Feedback

would not say this is bug, its like going into the caves and expecting the pigs to still follow you but they don't, things are different on a server type game.

• Like 1

Share this comment

First off I didn't entered or left any caves, it wasn't even a world with caves enabled. Befriended a pigman on a surface and happens world to have to restart the server can just happen to any normal playthrough.

I later tested it with the "Show Me" mod. The pigman has a leader(owner) and loyality time when first befriended.

dUHhv3Q.jpg

When I restarted the server, the leader was gone, but the loyality time still remained. I don't see how it is working as intended.

rULAfKo.jpg

I am a modder and found this issue when I can't get my pet to remember its owner after restarting the server. I suspect it is leader component's issue that it fails to save the leader's prefab when the server is shutting down. If it isn't a bug then never mind, I figured out how to work around with this issue and can make a mod to fix the component myself anyway.

Edited by Norfeder

Share this comment