Bad Performance After Resume

DakuShinobi
  • Pending

I have an issue I have observed a couple times. When hosting a server from within the game. It happens that whenever a server is resumed, I get very bad lag. The host is fine, but anyone connecting to the game has horrible lag. This only happens after a resume. It happened when someone else was hosting, and happened when I was hosting. 

This is especially annoying when you consider that we have to start over every time. 

As a possibly important note. Both times it happened, it was winter. I tried setting the season, but the command doesn't seem to work since the addition of Caves (Something I am stoked about by the way).

Some extra info:

The two hosts that tested this had a nice i7 (not sure which he has) with 16 gigs of memory and an FX-8150 with 16 gigs of memory. 

the game never seems to use more than 2 gigs total (between the multiple server instances). and CPU usage on my end was hovering around 14 percent in total.

Please let me know what information you may need to look into this.

Kindest Regards,

Steps to Reproduce
Play a game for about 2 hours. Stop the game, and then reconnect and have everyone else reconnect. Everyone but the host should experience lag.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.