Awakening a beefalo by riding it will make it refuse food as if was still sleeping

Mudley
  • Fixed

Title. It's temporary, but still an annoyance.

Steps to Reproduce
Ride a beefalo when it is asleep, dismount, and then try to give it any sort of food.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I tried this both as a client and as a host, the beefalo always accepted berries. Just to ensure I was doing this correctly:

1) Get a saddle on a beefalo

2) Wait for night 'til it falls asleep.

3) Right-click to mount it (which wakes it up).

4) Right-click to dismount.

5) Select a berry from inventory and give it to the beefalo.

... Beefalo eats the berry, every time. 

However, they soon fall asleep again, and if you wait more than a few moments, the beefalo has started falling asleep and then gives the "too tired to care" message. Is this perhaps what's happening to you?

I'll close this for now, but if you see it again, just drop another message here.

Share this comment

Hum... Now that's awkward, after this update, I don't seem to be able to reproduce that again, when before it always happened following those steps.

Welp, sorry for wasting your time Ipsquiggle, thanks for hearing me out anyways.

Edited by Mudley
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Hi, I've just recently had this problem too. It seems that beefalo bugs at night. I think what triggers this is a combination of waking the beefalo up by riding him and feeding him. In the first screenshot you can see the beefalo never wen't back to sleep, and in addition to that when trying to feed it it gives the same message as the second screenshot.

I'm also adding a screenshot of a sleeping pig shouting "Home! Home!", since it's also a bug related to sleeping mobs.

Beef bug night 1.png

beef bug night 2.png

pigs home.png

Edited by LuxDie

Share this comment