All my worlds are just gone all of the sudden?

Nyla Smokeyface
  • Pending

I logged on yesterday to find that my volume was on, which is odd because I usually mute the game because I like to listen to music and videos while I play, but I didn’t think much of it.

But when I went to host a game, every single one of my saved worlds were just gone!

All of my keybind settings were set to default. I set my Map button to Tab because Im used to regular Don’t Starve, and I check my controls and it’s back to M.

All of my equipped curio stuff was reset too. Like, my portrait frames, my icons, vignettes, and my equipped clothes and skins. I mean I have everything and I can reequip them, of course, but it’s like I started on a brand new computer.

All my other games were fine. Don’t Starve Alone was fine. But DST was not.

It’s worth noting that I did log into another computer that day. It didn’t transfer any of my files but I expected that. I did this before and had no problems.

It may also be worth noting that I updated my other computer, an iMac and I ended up with the desktop files ob my Macbook on my iMac. It was sooo much fun getting that back together when Apple didn’t even ask me, but I’m wondering if my DST files got mixed up? But again, my Don’t Starve files were absolutely fine.

What happened?? What can I do?

Steps to Reproduce
I don’t even know what happened! It’s worth noting that I did log into another computer that day. It didn’t transfer any of my files but I expected that. I did this before and had no problems. It may also be worth noting that I updated my other computer, an iMac and I ended up with the desktop files ob my Macbook on my iMac. It was sooo much fun getting that back together when Apple didn’t even ask me, but I’m wondering if my DST files got mixed up? But again, my Don’t Starve files were absolutely fine.

User Feedback

Did you switch to the Beta? All saved worlds are stored in different files if you are playing on the Vanilla or Beta branches.

Share this comment

It’s worth noting that I did log into another computer that day.

The Profile (worlds, settings, skin loadouts) doesn't automatically transfer to beta or (to my knowledge) between computers.

Share this comment