Abandoned Ship, Kittykit Disappeared Forever

kiwikenobi
  • Pending

I had a kittykit. I went out to sea to get salt. Cookie cutters punched holes in my boat, it was about to go under, so I abandoned ship using the plank. I never abandoned ship before, so I'm not sure what's supposed to happen. I saw the boat explode into pieces before the screen faded out. When I washed up on shore, my kittykit was gone. I figured maybe it was somehow stuck at sea where the boat went down, so I made a new boat and sailed out to the wreckage. No kittykit. I thought maybe it would be warped to me if I went to the caves and came back to the surface. No kittykit. I tried disconnecting completely (I was the host) and reconnecting. No kittykit.

I thought pets were suppose to be immortal, but... did my kittykit die?

The one thing I haven't tried yet is attempting to get a new pet, so I don't know if the game considers me to still have one even if it's nowhere to be seen. I'll try it once I get the materials to try adopting a new pet. But I didn't think I was supposed to be able to lose my pet to begin with.

I wasn't using any mods.

Steps to Reproduce
Abandon ship when the boat is full of holes and about to sink while you have a pet.

User Feedback

I got the materials to adopt another kittykit, and the rock den gave me a new one as if I never had a pet. Somehow, my previous kittykit was just erased from existence when I abandoned ship/the boat sank.

Share this comment