A very peculiar Trade Inn bug

Auth
  • Fixed

Got nine of these spiffy items. Oh boy. Gonna make me a distinguished.

Oh crap. Beefalo Bill starts spinning the items. Here goes.

Suddenly, a big white box comes in, knocking Beefalo Bill out. "Error trading items" it says to me.

I panic. I restart the game, I check my steam inventory. All the spiffy items are gone.

A pure gut-twisting feeling fills me. I sprint back to the Trade Inn, begging for Beefalo Bill's mercy with items.

But all my items are there. All the spiffy items, untraded. I try again, Error trading items shows up again and punches me in the face.

I go back to my collection, it still shows my spiffy items. Check my steam inventory, they're still all missing.

So uh... What's all happening here?

XuXBkcP.png

s1s3rGt.png

Steps to Reproduce
Have 5 "No-tan-lines-tan" skirts, all from drops, then try to trade 9 spiffy items in on a mac. Okay, you don't need the skirts, but still.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

@Weirdobob can you post your KU or client_log.txt?  Also can you send me your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\inventory_cache and Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\inventory_cache_sig.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Fix to be released next week. Interim work around is to delete your inventory_cache files.

Share this comment

On 2/20/2016 at 7:58 PM, Asparagus said:

So did Weirdo get his skins back

Yup, nothing was lost. It was just a bug in the local caching of the inventory.

Share this comment